A Roll Off Driver Class A CDL is responsible for safely operating a heavy commercial truck, a tractor trailer or a straight truck with a pup trailer to provide prompt and courteous delivery and removal of large containers. The Roll Off Driver Class A CDL is responsible for ensuring his or her vehicle is in compliance with the Company’s safety standards prior to operating the vehicle, ensures that all Company, state and federal regulations are adhered to at all times while operating the vehicle, and completes vehicle condition reports (“VCRs”) on a daily basis to ensure that any vehicle defects are repaired in a timely manner.
- Perform complete pre- and post-operation inspection of the vehicle in accordance with Company policy to ensure tire pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges, and controls are in proper working order. Report any safety issues on standard reports.• Safely operate his or her heavy truck along designated route and to the client sites; read route sheet, follow map and service each customer as identified on the route sheet or as assigned by the dispatcher and/or supervisor.• Operate manual and/or automatic controls in accordance with Company safety policies and procedures to lift and load materials, off load collected material at the designated facility.
• Courteously interact with all customers, dispatchers and others on a daily basis to ensure all customer routes are serviced in a timely and professional manner.
• Perform minor repairs to containers on site or in the container yard.
• Identify unsatisfactory containers and tag containers in accordance with applicable procedures.
• Continuously monitor scrap for evidence of unacceptable scrap.
• Clean area around an accidental scrap spill, ensuring adherence to all applicable safety standards and policies.
• Continuously monitor the condition of the vehicle to ensure it is operationally ready at all times to minimize down time; clean scrap and trash from the container and container edges on each disposal trip.
• Complete required route/productivity sheets, VCRs and other reports, as required.
• Maintain adherence to required productivity standards for the department to ensure all customers are serviced in a timely and efficient manner.
• Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
- High School diploma or GED
- Must have a valid DOT Medical Card.
- Must pass a DOT and employment physical.
- Must pass a background investigation and drug screen.
- Minimum two years satisfactory driving experience and a clean driving record.
- Must pass written and road test evaluation(s), when required.
- No suspensions or revocations due to a moving violation or accident within two years.
- No DUI (driving under the influence) convictions within four years.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude to be able to do perform minor repairs to containers.
Class A Commercial Driver’s license with air brakes endorsement. CDL B may be considered.
Must meet all qualifications as defined under Department of Transportation regulation 49 CFR 391.41, as verified by a current Motor Vehicle Registration/driver abstract.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer expectations; acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner toward customers and co-workers; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness.
Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
Good follow through ability; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise.
Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth; promotes the Company’s safety standards; does not take
Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all goals.
Other duties may include the following duties
- Unload customer vehicles.
- Unload containers using equipment or by hand.
- Load Trucks using forklifts or by hand.
- Build boxes and containers as needed.
- Interact with the general public in a retail setting.
- Maintain a clean and organized environment.
- Keep an accurate inventory count.
- Driving a forklift.
- Driving a Bobcat or similar equipment.
Nott Recycling Incorporated is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.