We are looking for a new scrap metal processor. Our business specializes in non-ferrous metal processing.
The candidate for this position is required to perform daily warehouse functions.
He/She must be able to assemble and/or package product.
Candidate responsibilities may consist of, but not limited to:
- Sort Stainless Steel by grades
- Sort Brass Alloys by types
- Sort Copper by recovery grades
- Sort High Temperature Alloys
- Sort Aluminum by Alloy Type
- Unload customer vehicles.
- Unload containers using equipment or by hand.
- Load Trucks using forklifts or by hand.
- Build boxes and containers as needed.
- Interact with the general public in a retail setting.
- Maintain a clean and organized environment.
- Keep an accurate inventory count.
Skills we are looking for
- Accurately sort Stainless Steel by grades
- Accurately sort Brass Alloys by types
- Accurately sort Copper by recovery grades
- Accurately sort High Temperature Alloys
- Accurately sort Aluminum by Alloy Type
- Driving a forklift.
- Driving a Bobcat or similar equipment.
Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, techniques. Additional responsibilities will be assigned as required.
Good understanding and basic knowledge of a warehouse environment.
Ability to handle intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting and maneuvering material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
Comfortable working outdoors in the elements: sun, rain, cold and heat.
Ability to work well with others: A ‘team player’ attitude with a willingness to help wherever needed.
Time management skills; strong organizational skills; an ability to juggle multiple tasks; flexible and resourceful.
Must have High School Diploma or GED
2-5 year of experience is recommended.
Able to lift up to 50lbs.
Must be able to provide protective footwear (steel toe shoes required).
Must be able to able to read/speak English.